When it comes to Celebrity Fragrances I’ve got to be honest, the majority of the time when I hear that a “celeb” is releasing and launching a fragrance, I roll my eyes as I always feel as if there is minimal effort from the celebrity in the whole fragrance creating process and ultimately fragrances are released with a famous name attached because they know they will sell, regardless of the quality and actual scent. Having said that, I do actually own a few celebrity fragrances. Now the ones I own I quite enjoy although I will say that typically they don’t have as great lasting power compared to other scents on the market that I have purchased which is a bit of a shame but hey ho. Now to put it bluntly I would never, ever purchase a scent purely because of who has endorsed it, I only tend to buy fragrances that I actually like the scent of, this is pretty standard procedure for most people however, if you are someone who really loves and admires a certain celebrity and you really want to support them, I can totally understand why you’d go out and purchase their fragrance, regardless of what it actually smells like. The good thing about celebrity fragrances is that they tend to be priced much cheaper than the big perfume house offerings so they aren’t ridiculously bank breaking and you can actually find some really lovely scents if you look past the names endorsing each bottle. So to answer the question, I think as long as you enjoy the fragrance, I definitely think that Celebrity Fragrances are worth the money. Below is a list of scents I’ve tried over the years.
Celebrity Fragrances I’ve tried:
- Lady Gaga Fame – An interesting black coloured fluid that has notes of honey, apricot, incense, orchid, jasmine, belladonna and saffron. To me it kind of smells a little like Parma Violets.
- Britney Spears Curious – A very floral and vanilla fragrance, great for teenagers.
- Britney Spears Fantasy – Quite a strong and sweet floral fragrance that has notes of Jasmine Petals, White Chocolate Orchid, Red Lychee, Golden Quince, Kiwi, Musk, Orris Root and Sensual Woods.
- Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy – Another strong scent that is both fruity and floral. It has notes of Freesia, Iris, Framboise, Black Cherry, Plum, Amber, Musk and Vanilla. I’d definitely say this is more of a scent for evening wear rather than everyday wear.
- Beyonce Heat – This is a floral, fruity and woody scent. Its one of those scents that you can get away with whether you’re a teen or a more mature lady.
- Katy Perry Royal Revolution – Royal Revolution is a slightly edgy fruity and floral scent which has notes of red pomegranate, pink freesia, jasmine, orange flower, sandalwood, blackthorn, leather, musk and vanilla orchid.
- My Glow By JLo – This is a beautiful feminine and ever so slightly mature fragrance that contains lavender, lotus, freesia, peony, white rose, green leaves, casablanca lily, sandalwood, musk, heliotrope and precious wood as you can imagine it is very floral and elegant.
Are you a celebrity fragrance fan? What is your favourite scent?