Freedom Strobe Cream Swatch Review + Giveaway
Recently I have been trying out the Freedom Strobe Cream. If you’ve not heard of the product it is a creamy liquid highlighter that claims to give the skin the most subtle and natural illumination. You can use this product under makeup for a really subtle look. Or you can also use the highlighter on top of makeup for a more intense look.
I’ve heard quite a few people claiming that this is a dupe for MAC Strobe Cream however, I have not tried that product so I cannot compare the two. But I can see why many people are comparing the products as the concept of both products is similar. One thing that does differ between the products is of course the price. The MAC Strobe Cream will set you back an eye watering £24.50. On the other hand the Freedom Strobe Cream costs just £8.00 for the same amount of product (link).
In terms of product performance I find the Freedom Strobe Cream practically lives up to its claims. First of all the product has a slightly liquid cream formula, similar to that of a moisturiser or body lotion. Because of this you are able to easily apply and blend the product into the skin. It is also worth noting that the highlighter has a wonderful cherry bake well like scent. I personally like the fragrance but some people may not be fond of it, so do keep that in mind. In terms of its highlighting ability it really is one of the most subtle and natural looking product I’ve ever worked with. When it comes to highlighters I’m used to strobe shimmer and colour pay off. With the Freedom product you still get that highlighted look, but it is very toned down and natural looking.
A two in one product?
I find when I use this on top of my makeup I get more of a highlighted look. I find when I wear this under my makeup it gives the makeup a beautiful dewy look and a healthy glow. I like that you can use this product in two different ways as it gives you a little variety and choice by using just one makeup item.
In terms of the colour that it gives the skin, it is non glittery nor is it disco ball like. The Strobe Cream provides the skin with a pearlescent like finish that has a cool tone to it and is a little on the pink side. It really does look gorgeous on the skin but I suspect those with warm toned skin may not get on with this as well as I did.
In conclusion I do enjoy the Strobe Cream as it makes a refreshing change from the strong highlighters that I normally use. If you want a highlighter that is intense, I would stay clear of this and opt for something like the Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in Pink Lights instead. If you want a natural looking highlighter for day-to-day wear, this product is definitely worth checking out. I am also giving a bottle of the Strobe Cream away to one lucky person. If you’d like to be in with a chance of winning your own bottle, simple read and follow the rules below. Interested in other Freedom Makeup products? Check out the Freedom Vintage Doll Look Palette.
- To be in with a chance of winning the Freedom Makeup Strobe Cream enter via the Rafflecopter widget below.
- Those using multiple accounts to enter will be completely disqualified.
- There will be one winner.
- The giveaway is open worldwide.
- ALL mandatory entries MUST be complete or you will be completely disqualified (Mandatory entries are the three that appear on the Rafflecopter widget before you are able to unlock any other entries.)
- The giveaway will run from Wednesday 15th June 2016 until Friday 15th July 2016 12:00am GMT/BST (One month)
- Once the giveaway is over I will contact the winner directly via email. Once an email is sent the winner will then have 48 hours to reply before a new winner is chosen.
- I am in no way responsible for postal issues however, I will try to help as best as I can to resolve any issues if any unfortunate events did occur.