I believe I’ve previously mentioned here on my blog that I am a big fan of lip creams. One lip cream I’ve enjoyed using over the past couple of weeks has been the Makeup Revolution Lip Cream in Move Your Mouth Forever. This is a very natural and wearable shade that is great for when you want a really toned down lip rather than an in your face bold splash of colour. The colour its self is a peachy sort of nude shade. It contains very, very fine shimmer. Rather than appearing glittery on the lips, it appears more glossy. Normally I’m not a big fan of shimmery lip products but this is very flattering on me and a great everyday shade. One thing I will say is that those with medium to dark toned skin might actually find this to be a little too pale and find that the colour washes them out. Because I am so fair-skinned I can get away with it, but only just. In terms of the pigmentation, it isn’t the most pigmented lip cream and it can apply a teeny bit patchy but as a whole I think for the price it isn’t a bad product. The only thing I cannot stress enough is that you really have to ensure that your give your lips a good scrub before application as failing to do so will allow the product to cling to those dry patches and settle into the cracks of your lips which really isn’t a great look.
As for the feel of the product, it feels very silky and smooth when first applied. Normally with lip creams I find they often dry to a matte finish but that is not the case with the Makeup Revolution Lip Cream in Move Your Mouth Forever. Although it does sort of semi set, it still stays glossy and never feels completely dry. Whilst this isn’t a massive issue, I do find that because of this the product doesn’t have the best lasting power, it certainly doesn’t last hours upon hour and it definitely doesn’t survive through eating and drinking which is a bit of a shame but when you take into consideration that it cost just a few pounds, it isn’t surprising, although I will say that normally Makeup Revolution products are way more impressive than this one, so please don’t let it put you off trying the brand or any of their other products.
The Makeup Revolution Lip Cream in Move Your Mouth Forever currently retails at £3.00 however it is currently on offer for just £1 on the Makeup Revolution website (link) All in all, I wouldn’t say the Makeup Revolution Lip Cream in Move Your Mouth Forever is terrible but I also wouldn’t say it is the best lip product I’ve tried. Sure the formula has its faults but I enjoy the colour as it is a great every day colour for my skin tone. For the price, it really isn’t bad. If you want to try this lip product out yourself, you are in luck as I have a brand new tube to giveaway to one lucky person. To be in with a chance of winning said tube, simply read and follow the rules below.
– To be in with a chance of winning the Makeup Revolution Lip Cream in Move Your Mouth Forever, enter via the Rafflecopter widget below
– Those using multiple accounts to enter will be completely disqualified
– There will be one winner
– The giveaway is open worldwide
– ALL mandatory entries MUST be complete or you will be completely disqualified (Mandatory entries are the three that appear on the Rafflecopter widget before you are able to unlock any other entries.)
– The giveaway will run from Monday 4th January 2015 until Thursday 4th January 2016 12:00am GMT (One month)
– Once the giveaway is over I will contact the winner directly via email. Once an email is sent the winner will then have 48 hours to reply before a new winner is chosen.
– I am in no way responsible for postal issues however, I will try to help as best as I can to resolve any issues if any unfortunate events did occur
a Rafflecopter giveaway