Want to hear about the Makeup Revolution Lip Cream in What Will It Take To Make You Love Me? Well you’ve come to the right place. If you come here often you know I’ve reviewed and gave away lots of these products but if you missed the posts, be sure to check out my reviews on Sweet Boy With A Big Mouth, Move Your Mouth Forever, All I Think About Is You and Don’t Bring Me Down.
Anyway, the product I’m talking about today is the Makeup Revolution Lip Cream in What Will It Take To Make You Love Me? If you’re after a slightly rosy pink that is a little brighter than your typical shade, this is definitely for you. The shade is free from glitter and shimmer however, it does have a slight sheen to it and never dries to a matte finish like a typical lip cream, but I’ve found this is the case with all the shades in the Makeup Revolution Ultra Lip Cream range. Although the formula does effect the wear time of the lippy, I actually like it as it means that my lips aren’t dried out although it is essential that you do exfoliate the lips before applying as it still can cling to any patches you may have. In terms of staying power I’d say it stays on the lips for around 2-3 hours without eating or drinking however, when it does fade, it does so evenly which in my opinion makes the poor wear time that little bit more bearable as opposed to if it were to fade really patchy and obviously.
In terms of the packaging, the product comes in a plastic tube complete with a doe foot applicator. I find the applicator does the job fairly well but sometimes you do have to spend a little while on ensuring that it is applied evenly. This isn’t something that really bothers me as I never tend to use this when I’m in a rush but if you’re someone who likes quick and easy makeup application without any hassle, this might bother you a little bit.
The only real issue I have with the product that does annoy me is the pigmentation. In the tube the colour looks vibrant and in a nutshell, amazing. However, when applied it appears quite sheer and toned down. I suppose it is ideal for day-to-day wear but I really did hope that it appeared on the lips as it did in the tube. Now don’t get me wrong, you can actually build the colour up but it can take a few layers. Because of this issue I think if you’re someone with quite dark toned lips, this might not show up very well on you which is certainly a shame as I think that intense shade in the tube would look awesome on those with darker lips and skin tones.
All in all I think for the price it isn’t bad. The product does have its faults but they’re not too major. If you’d like to purchase the Makeup Revolution Lip Cream in What Will It Take To Make You Love Me, it retails at £3.00 and is available to purchase on the Makeup Revolution website (link) and in selected Superdrug stores. If you want to win your own Makeup Revolution Lip Cream in What Will It Take To Make You Love Me, you are in luck as I have one to giveaway. To enter the giveaway, simply read and follow the rules below and enter via the Rafflecopter widget.
– To be in with a chance of winning the Makeup Revolution Lip Cream in What Will It Take To Make You Love Me? enter via the Rafflecopter widget below.
– Those using multiple accounts to enter will be completely disqualified.
– There will be one winner.
– The giveaway is open worldwide.
– ALL mandatory entries MUST be complete or you will be completely disqualified (Mandatory entries are the three that appear on the Rafflecopter widget before you are able to unlock any other entries.)
– The giveaway will run from Tuesday 23rd February 2015 until Wednesday 23rd March 2016 12:00am GMT (One month)
– Once the giveaway is over I will contact the winner directly via email. Once an email is sent the winner will then have 48 hours to reply before a new winner is chosen.
– I am in no way responsible for postal issues however, I will try to help as best as I can to resolve any issues if any unfortunate events did occur.