I’d just like to say a huge Merry Christmas to each and every one of you out there. To celebrate this wonderful time of year, I’ve got a little offer running on my shop. Simpy enter the code MERRYCHRISTMAS at the checkout an you’ll get a nice 25% off your order. This code applies to every item in the shop so if you’ve had your eye on something for a while, this is a great opportunity to save yourself some money. Please note that this code is only valid for today and will expire at 11:59pm tonight so be quick to avoid disappointment.
Anyway, for me Christmas just isn’t about presents and Santa Claus, its about being around family and the people you love. It’s also about remembering people who sadly are no longer with us. Whether it be parents, grandparents, siblings, cousins, aunties, uncles, friends or even pets, please don’t forget to share a thought for those who unfortunately cannot be with us at this festive time of year. Also, if you’re going to be on your own over Christmas please know that there are a number of helplines open over Christmas where people are waiting to speak to you and provide you with company and support. Do you know someone who is going to be alone? Why not invite them round or even spend a few hours with them, it could really, really help. Below I’ve listed some helplines that will be open for Christmas Day for those who may wish to speak to someone. I’ve also linked a few websites that I believe contain a lot of information that could also help.
Helpful Links and Numbers:
- Samaritans: 24-hour helpline, available 365 days a year – 116 123 (UK) // 116 123 (ROI)
- The Silver Line: 24/7 365 days a year – 0800 4 70 80 90
- Cruse Bereavement Care: 9.30am to 5pm Christmas Day – 0844 477 9400
- Sands Stillborn and Neonatal Death Charity: 10am to 3pm // 6pm to 10pm Christmas Day – 020 7436 5881
- Childline: 24/7 365 days a year – 0800 1111
- Depression Alliance
- Beat (Beating Eating Disorders)
- No Panic
- Centre Point
- The People’s Kitchen (based in Newcastle)
- Papyrus (Prevention of young suicide)
Merry Christmas, I hope today is good to you all!