When it comes to affordable eyeshadow palettes, MUA AKA Makeup Academy do them pretty well. One palette I rediscovered recently was the MUA Poptastic Eyeshadow Palette. This is a palette which consists of twelve eyeshadows that are all really rather bright in colour, making it perfect for adding a pop of colour into your Summer makeup routine. The palette retails at just £4.00 which is a total steal in my eyes. As previously mentioned, the palette contains twelve shades which include Pizzaz Purple, a shimmery violet toned purple. Cool Cyan, a slightly matte teal shade. Ultra Sizzle, a bright shimmery yellow. Electric Purple, just that, an electric duo chrome purple with a slight blue tone to it. Gold Mine, a very yellow toned metallic gold. Blue Suede, a green toned blue which contains silver micro glitter. Jade Jazz, a very pretty silver toned pale green shade that contains silver glitter. Cherry Sour, a very red tone hot pink that is ever so slightly matte. Atomic Aqua, aqua green shimmer. Shocking Pink, a soft candy baby pink colour. Crystal Blue, a deep baby blue shimmer. And lastly, Sonic Blue, a fabulous electric blue. In terms of pigmentation the shadows are really pretty good. The swatches above are simply as the shadows apply when dry. I didn’t use any primer nor did I use the shadows wet. However, if you do use the shadows wet or add in the addition of a good trusty primer, the pigmentation is even better. One thing I will say is that the shadows are prone to fall out but this is something I find almost always the case with a lot of budget eyeshadows so it wasn’t really much of a surprise for me. In terms of my favourite shades, I really like Electric Purple as it works with my green eyes really, really well. I’m also a fan of Atomic Aqua as a bottom lash eyeshadow liner, just when I want a slight pop of colour on my eyes without going over the top. My least favourite colours in the palette would sadly have to be Cherry Sour, as it makes me look a little, shall we say, unwell and Shocking Pink as I find the quality of this shadow to be very dusty and poor in comparison to the other colours in the palette. Apart from those two shadows, I find the rest of the shadows good quality for what they are worth and would definitely recommend this palette to anyone who loves colour or who wants to experiment with new and bright colours without spending an arm and a leg on expensive products. So, fancy trying this palette for yourself? Well you are in luck as I have one to giveaway. To be in with a chance of winning, simply follow the rules below.
- To be in with a chance of winning a MUA Poptastic Eyeshadow Palette, enter via the Rafflecopter widget below
- Those using multiple accounts to enter will be completely disqualified
- There will be one winner
- The giveaway is open worldwide
- ALL mandatory entries MUST be complete or you will be completely disqualified (Mandatory entries are the three that appear on the Rafflecopter widget before you are able to unlock any other entries.)
- The giveaway will run from Wednesday 15th July 2015 until Saturday 15th August 2015 12:00am BST (One month)
- Once the giveaway is over I will contact the winner directly via email. Once an email is sent the winner will then have 48 hours to reply before a new winner is chosen.
- I am in no way responsible for postal issues however, I will try and help as best as I can to resolve any issues if any unfortunate events did occur