This Vegetable Lasagne recipe is a relatively healthy dish that is ideal for those following the Slimming World Plan as it is Syn free (based on two people sharing with Mozzarella as a Healthy Extra)
Write a review
- Fry Light (A healthier substitute to oil & fat)
- 250g Mixed Peppers
- 250g Courgettes
- 250g Onions
- 80g Leaf Spinach
- 80g Sweetcorn
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Quark
- 1 Teaspoon Of Sweetener
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Oregano
- 2 Gloves Of Chopped Garlic
- 90g Grated Mozzarella
- Pinch of Mixed Herbs
- 5 Dried Pasta Sheets
- Pour the tin of chopped tomatoes into a large pan along with oregano, salt, pepper and sweetener. Add 100ml water, bring to the boil and simmer for approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Add peppers, courgettes, onions, spinach and sweetcorn to a large frying pan along with a couple of sprays of fry light. Fry vegetables until soft then add in chopped garlic.
- Once your sauce has thickened up and is no longer runny, take off the heat and add 1-2 tablespoons of Quark. This gives the sauce a creamy flavour. Then add in all the vegetables and ensure that you stir everything together thoroughly.
- You can now begin spooning the mix into an ovenproof Lasagne dish. Also, don't forget about those pasta layers. In my Lasagne dish I managed to get 3 layers of pasta out of 5 dried pasta sheets. Depending on the size of your dish you might use more or less, especially if you want more/fewer layers. Finally, finish off with a layer of veg followed by 90g of grated Mozzarella and a pinch of mixed herbs.
- Once complete, cover the Lasagne with tin foil and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes on 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas Mark 7. Once done, leave to cool for around 15-20 minutes before tucking in as the dish will be very hot.
- You can add in practically any vegetables that you want (I sometimes also like to add carrot into the mix for extra flavour and colour)